(Carbon removal marketplace) Founder and CEO, Antti Vihavainen of Puro.earth on: How to Launch a Marketplace in Less Than 90 days; How to Build Confidence with Buyers and Sellers in a New Marketplace
In this episode, I caught up with Antti Vihavainen, co-founder and CEO of Puro.earth. Puro is a Finnish startup that provides a marketplace for reversing climate change by trading CO2 removal certificates. With Stripe, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple and other big tech giants committing millions to fight climate change, #climatetech is a hot space right now. I spoke to Antti on the business of carbon removal, how he launched the first auction in 71 days, and why he feels this is the right time to do this.
- [3:53] - Why is now the right time to have a carbon removal marketplace?
- [5:57] - How did you launch a marketplace from idea to first auction in 71 days?
- [11:21] - If I am a carbon emitter, why can’t I buy carbon offsets? Why do I need carbon removals?
- [12:47] - What regulations are needed for carbon removal to become mainstream?
- [13:59] - How do I as a carbon emitter verify the amount of carbon removal?
- [15:55] - What is the cost of removing 1 tonne of C02 from the atmosphere?
- [18:09] - Do you worry that the big polluters get the wrong incentive to go on polluting?
- [19:07] - Who are the main suppliers of carbon net negative technologies?
- [20:54] - How are you going to market to get buyers and suppliers to the marketplace?
- [21:56] - What is still a challenge?
- [23:00] - What are the big trends in the carbon removal space?
- [25:48] - How is your marketplace different from other carbon removal marketplaces? What is your differentiator?
- [27:23] - What are your future plans for Puro.Earth
Never miss an episode!
Hear from the fastest growing companies in Europe.